Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Small BI order

BI was having a free shipping sale a while back so I took advantage! These were mostly misses but I still love trying new scents. :)

Banana Colada - This is lovely in the container, a nice mix of banana and coconut, but on me I'm pretty sure it's just banana bubblegum. I need to test it a few more times.

Nectarine - Smells very similar to Summer Peaches, which I wasn't thrilled with. On my skin all I can smell is the base.

Passiontini Punch - Ick. I was hoping if I let this cure it would turn to a nice fruity scent, but all I got was Sweet Tarts and a strong amaretto note. I didn't even bother trying it on.

Thai Coconut - I got this in a scrub. It's not a tropical coconut like I was hoping for - it's a heavier coconut and actually smells almost identical to AR's Rum Coco Nilla to my nose. I get a lot of rum, not so much coconut. I'll use it up in the winter months but I won't reorder.

BI included lotion samples of Agent Provacateur and Blue Sugar. I haven't sniffed either of the originals so I don't know how they compare, but I'm really liking the Agent Provacateur. It's fresh but a little musky at the same time, and not overly floral. It sort of reminds me of my beloved Tocca Florence lotion (when is an e-tailer going to make a dupe of that??) in terms of sexiness. ;) Blue Sugar is okay but not for me - too masculine which I guess makes sense since it's a men's scent!