Thursday, November 10, 2005

SDE order

This was my first time ordering from Marliss - I had gotten some things through CPs before but this was my first "real" order. :) Over all I really liked everything, the quality of her products is really excellent. http://www.skindecent.com

Pumpkin Cupcakes, Candy Cane, Creamy Eggnog, Cinnamon Buns, Orange Sorbet: I got these either in the Bermuda Beach scrub or the Body Buffer scrub. All are very true to their names, although Pumpkin Cupcakes, Cinnamon Buns and Creamy Eggnog all had a strange nut note. But it's very light and barely noticeable so I don't mind.

Cinnamon Buns whipped moisture cream: Unfortunately this was a miss for me and I wouldn't recommend it. All I could smell in the container and on me was cinnamon, no vanilla or pastry notes. If you want a straight cinnamon scent this is good, but I wanted something a little less spicy.

Creamy Eggnog body butter: Another one that was too spicy and nutty. To me this didn't smell remotely like Eggnog. For some reason the scrub does, but not the butter. On me it was just a weird nut scent. The search for the perfect eggnog scent continues.

Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries body butter: At first on cold sniff this honestly smelled like vomit! But I let it sit for a little over a week. I smelled it again last night and lo and behold, it was much better on cold sniff, no vomit smell anymore. Too bad it still didn't work on me.

Orange Sorbet whipped moisture cream: Nice scent but not for me. It's nice and citrusy without being too tart, but it's just not great on me so I think I'm getting rid of it.

Grapefruit Vanilla body butter: This was so disappointing for me! It's great in the container but awful on me. Perfect mix of grapefruit vanilla, not too sweet and not too tart. Unfortunately it just has this weird sickly sweet drydown on me. Sigh.

Candy Cane: I'm giving this one more try and if it still doesn't work then up for swap it goes. It smells very nice in the container, but on me it turns slightly sour. It's very minty, as it should be, but it lacks the sweetnes of a candy cane. If you want a striaght minty scent this would be good, but if you're looking for a mint with a bit of sweetness, this isn't it.

Gingerbread Moccacino: I'm debating whether to order a backup of this since I think it's LE. It's truly amazing, perfect mix of gingerbread and coffee. At first it smells a little spicy, and then as it dries down more you get the coffee notes.